Thursday, 28 August 2008

Blogging for baby

This is my virgin voyage in the blogging world.  Quite surprising I've never blogged before, but I thought since many of the good parents I know seem to set up a blog about their new baby to inform anyone interested of all the gory details (mostly family and very close friends that read it I assume) that we should follow suit.  So, I'm blogging for baby you might say.  We're almost 34 weeks, so this is prior to being fully initiated into parenthood, but certainly in the preparation process. 

Ok, so there is another reason for the blog.  Scott mentioned today that we need to be better about 'building altars', in the sense that it would be good to write down more of our reflections on the journey of life so that we can share it with others.  So you may see a little of both here.

Scott and I have been reading The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne (thanks Hattie) and have been really challenged and refreshed by his humour and honest journey toward living out sincere love for Christ.  It's a rare book that can get Scott choked up, and this one has done the job.....as well as stirring us up into fits of laughter.  I'd highly recommend it.  So after reading a bit today we've been talking again about the choices we make, what we have presumed we should have and how to continue shifting attitudes and lifestyle for better stewardship and relationship.  






No comments: